CAPACITY BUILDING & STRATEGY
CAPACITY BUILDING, STRATEGY & FUNDRAISING COMMUNICATIONS: WINROCK INTERNATIONAL
- Lead program, strategy and finance model design for development of new funding streams in Africa collaboration with Winrock leadership and senior management. Created clear communications for highly complex ideas for diverse audiences.
- Advanced fundraising with researched donor funding histories and strategic plans, assessed Winrock International capability and mapped a strategy for how to advance donor goals with Winrock programs and services. Program designed to advance complementary Winrock and donor goals related to agriculture, resiliency, gender, youth, economic development and food security.
- Teamed with Winrock senior leaders and Principal Richard Rogers of Rogers MacJohn consulting group to develop a regional multi-crop commodity platform economic development concept. Designed the public/private partnership model and teamed with the Winrock Director of Finance to develop the financial models.
- Developed integrated digital and published pitch communication materials including an ESRI geo-spatial story map and promotional materials framed to the target donor audiences.
- Attended donor pitch meetings in Africa with senior leaders to assure that the communications adhered to the programmatic and donor approach strategy and to calibrate to new information and discussion developments.
- Major proposal development with providing the context, strategy, funding intelligence and technical advisory for a high profile USAID proposal for north Kenya for resilience and private sector development of livestock markets and value-add supply chains.
- Participated in design meetings and conducted interviews with both in-house and external parties to inform final program design and technical approach.
- Wrote significant portions of the proposal concerning resilience, economic development in pastoralist communities, push/pull strategies for community transformation, and vocational/educational integration of youth and women into economic transformation.
- Concept design assistance for a USDA proposal for coffee and cocoa supply chain climate resilience in Central and South America with Mars and Hersey’s as anchor private sector partners.
- Conducted a landscape assessment of competitors and recent innovations. Lead a logic model session with the Winrock Team to articulate the program. Wrote proposal sections and reviewed full drafts.