GETTING FUNDED: Plan, Write & Submit
PART THREE – Plan, Write & Submit Competitive Grant Proposals
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Investing In Ongoing Relationships
- Nonprofit Capacity Builder
- The Nonprofiteer
- Good Governance Guide
- Simple Speak: Creating a Common Language for Funder Relations
- Why Corporations Fear Advocacy – and How Nonprofits Can Help
There are several nationally active electronic mailing lists where one can post questions, read archives, and keep up with the national dialogue about grantseeking. In addition to the national resources below, search for local or regional chapters of the national organizations or for independent region-specific associations, such as the Puget Sound Grantwriters Association.
Grant Professionals Association : A national association that offers certification for grant professionals, puts on an annual conference, and hosts an active member forum with many categorical communities.
Publications – General Grantwriting Information
- Achieving Excellence in Fundraising. 3rd ed. Eugene R. Tempel, Timothy L. Seiler, and Eva E. Aldrich, eds. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2011.
- Effective Grant Writing and Program Evaluation for Human Service Professionals. Francis K. O. Yuen, Kenneth L. Terao, and Anna Marie Schmidt. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2009.
- The End of Fundraising: Raise More Money by Selling Your Impact. Jason Saul. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2011.
- Fundraising Principles and Practice. Adrian Sargeant and Jen Shang. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2010.
- Grantwriting Beyond the Basics, Book 1: Proven Strategies Professionals Use To Make Their Proposals Work. Portland, OR: Portland State University Continuing Education Press, 2005.
- Grassroots Grants: An Activist’s Guide to Grantseeking. 2nd ed. AndyRobinson. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2004.
- Rural Philanthropy: Building Dialogue From Within.Rev. ed. Rachael Swierzewski. Washington, DC: National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy, 2007. Available for free download.
- Storytelling for Grantseekers: A Guide to Creative Nonprofit Fundraising. Cheryl A. Clarke. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2009.
- “Thank You for Submitting Your Proposal”: A Foundation Director Reveals What Happens Next. Martin Teitel. Medfield, MA: Emerson & Church Publishers, 2006.
- Winning Grants Step by Step. 3rd ed. Mim Carlson and Tori O’Neal-McElrath. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2008.